Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dad's Birthday Celebration

Today was my Dad's birthday. He had to work as usual, which made me a little sad. I asked him tonight if anyone wished him a "Happy Birthday," at work but no one had done so. In fact, there are only two people where he works that have November birthdays.

We had a family celebration tonight minus Paul Burton (he was working). Colin and Jennifer gave Dad a DVD collection of Hercule Poirot. Mom and Dad both got excited as they talked about having "date nights" watching the tv series on the big screen in PB's apartment once Qavah is in bed (PB has given us permission to do so, since he works until late evening most nights during the week.) I told them they could have "date plus older kids' nights." Dad laughed and said, "Nooo..." Mom said, "That is not what we had in mind". *grin*

It's been fun to watch Dad be a father to Qavah this past year. She sure has kept him young! Since beginning my job, though, I've had my own special father-daugther time. Dad picks me up from work, so it's just the two of us together in the car for the fifteen minute drive home. Sometimes we talk about things happening in our family. Most of the time, though, we discuss politics as we listen to Sean Hannity on the car radio. It might not seem that big of deal to most people, but I love the daily memories I'm making with my Dad.