Saturday, October 11, 2008

Weekend Activities

I may not have gone to work at BRILC the last two days, but it's still been a very busy time!

Yesterday afternoon, I had the ct scan done at Lewis Gale. As far as health tests go, it was relatively easy and painless. The hardest part about the test was how cold the room was where I had to lie down! I won't have the actual ct scan results until I meet with the Pulmonologist in a couple of weeks.

I came home, had lunch, and took a nap. Then last night, Fairlight and I went out for the evening. We shopped at Target where I got some office supplies and a new cd player for work. Then, we stopped at Sonic for a refreshing snack. I got the lime flavored cream drink. It was tart, but deliecious! Fairlight and I saw the 9:25pm showing of Fireproof. Great movie. It was worth the money to see it at the theatre. It has a lot of life lessons that both singles and married couples need to know and apply. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of Fairlight and me, but the time we spent together was very uplifting. I'm blessed to have friends like her.

Today, it was help-around-the-house day. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today with low eighties, clear skies, and plenty of sunshine. I deep cleaned Mom's car inside and out. I really had fun being able to help with a small project like that. I also used the leaf blower on the back porch. I can tell it is Fall because there was a big pile of leaves when I finished and, no, I didn't jump in pile! I haven't done that since I was a little girl. Tonight, I'm going to the Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman concert with Colin and Jenn. From everything I've read, it's supposed to be a neat time of worshiping the Lord.