Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall Days

I'm writing this quickly before leaving for work. Even though the first day of Fall is officially September twenty-first, I never feel like Summer is actually finished until October first. Ironically, October is usually a slow and rather boring month. Not this year, though! We have something planned for almost every weekend of this month. Tonight, Mom and I are attending the Blue Ridge Women's Center annual banquet. We are also babysitting Annelise for a couple of days while Colin and Jenn attend a church-related conference.

Health wise, it's been an interesting week. Since the middle of last week, I started not absorbing the Prednisone again. That made for a rough weekend with my adrenal system becoming wacky. After a talk with my endocrinologist and parents, I began spreading out the daily Prednisone dosage. So, now instead of taking Prednisone once in the morning, I take it three times a day. Yesterday was a much better day, because my body was more balanced throughout the day. Tomorrow, I have a pulmonary function test and appointment with the pulmonologist afterwards. As I get acclimated to work, I'm thankful for the break in doctor and hospital visits.

Time to go to work!