Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday

It's the day before Remicade and I spent this afternoon visiting with my friend, Kristin. Amazing, isn't it?? Kristin is a Stampin Up(!) demonstrator, so she brought a few of her supplies and how-to tips.  I provided the stamps and light refreshments. We stamped and chatted from 1:00 to 5:30pm!  

Kristin stamped three cards and looked through my scrapbooks.  I completed two pages of my United States' scrapbook and made two cards.  We discussed everything from stamping to coooking to Bible studies and prayer requests.  Kristin's scrapbook of her trip to Prince Edward Island was beautiful.  It has me inspired to finish my Arizona scrapbook.  Kristin said she enjoyed the oppportunity to stamp for pure fun and not for a class or upcoming demonstration.  I used her stamping markers and I'm seriously considering purchasing a set.  They make stamping so quick, easy and less messy!  At the end of our visit, we both agreed that we needed to plan another stamping afternoon in the near future.

Tonight, I'm going to practice my harp and pack my Remicade bag for tomorrow's treatment. At yesterday's GI appointment, my doctor stated that he wanted to see if I could go eight weeks instead of six weeks between Remicade infusions.  A recent blood test he conducted showed that, theoritically, I have enough Remicade in my system to last eight weeks.  My GI doctor stated to me, "Of course, your body functions differently than what the tests show, but at least we can try it".  He committed to getting me an infusion appointment right away should I have any trouble. I asked my GI doctor if he wanted me to delay tomorrow's appointment, but he said I shouldn't with beginning a new job next week.  He thought it best to wait unitl next time.  I was impressed with that answer.