Thursday, September 11, 2008

How Many Of Me?

Dad made an observation tonight that sums up my day, "It used to be that Remicade Day was the big "news" [blog] story of the quarter.  Now, it's almost a non-event."  I still report on Remicade Day, though, because I don't want to forget what the Lord has done for me.  I like to brag on the Lord, especially when so much prayer and effort went into making my Remicade treatments possible.  And today's Remicade Day was truly a successful event!  Everything happened as planned with no negative surprises.  I was done by 1:00pm, so the rest of the afternoon was spent running errands with Mom and Qavah. 

When I was in the waiting room before my Remicade treatment began, the receptionist called, "Kathryn".  I replied aloud, "That's me" and stood up.  So did the woman next to me.  We looked at each other and she said, "I'm a Katherine, too".  I smiled back and told her, "Well, nice name!" We ended up sitting next to each other in the Infusion Center, which was fun.   

This "Kathryn" event reminded me of a an email I received the other day from my friends Candice and Crystal.  The email was a link to find out how many other people in the United States shared my name. Below is what I discovered.  Interesting side note, there was a different answer for "Kathryn" than for "Katherine," so spelling matters.  If you visit the site, please let me know "how many of you" there exists!

HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
532
people with my name in the U.S.A.