Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Birthday Card

Even though my Birthday is tomorrow, yesterday was the only night this week that we could celebrate as a family. It was a wonderful, fun party! For dinner, we had ribs, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Dessert of course was a carrot cake Mom cooked that happened to be wheat and gluten free. It is very delicious; I'm still enjoying it! I had a piece for breakfast.

In addition to the family time together (which is one of my favorite things anyway), I also got some nice gifts... mostly fun, but useful things. I have two different stories related to my gifts, but I'm saving those for future posts. The cards I've gotten this year have been beautiful, with the exception of one. That card, which I've scanned, is displayed below. Click on the picture for a bigger view of the card front. Paul Burton gave me this card. I thought it was a great card for a political science major who is particularly ecstatic with John McCain's choice for Vice President (Sarah Palin)!


The inside of the card said, "Everybody's cheering you on to a happy birthday!" Then, Paul Burton had written, "I move for you to have a great birthday. Do I have a second?"