Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wednesday's Writings

It's been another busy, but wonderful day! This morning, all of the girls slept in... even Annelise! Once the little ones did wake up, though, they played together joyfully until it was time to meet Jenn at Kroger.

This afternoon, I had my two doctor appointments. At my GI doctor's visit, we discussed the recent pain with my esophagus. I'm supposed to drink some Mylanta a few hours before bedtime to see if it will relieve the symptoms. I'll try this method for the next week, but if it's not successful, then my GI doctor wants to schedule either a barium swallow test or upper endoscopy. The GI doctor said, "I know most test results usually come out in the normal range for you, but we may have no choice but to do more testing than just lab work". He was not happy with how severe and long the esphogus pain had lasted, although he did think it was smart that I had stopped taking the liquid Prednisolone.

After the GI appointment, Mom drove me over to my Hematologist's office. We were forty-five minutes early, but they had time to see me early. That was nice. The Hematologist was very pleased with how well my Hickman scar looked and how much better I appeared to be since last week's Rocephin infusions. Unless something happens, I'm not supposed to visit my Hematologist until November.

Now, I can update a bit more about yesterday's job interview. On my resume, which I had emailed the organization a week prior to the interview, I had mentioned my sign language and braille skills. At one point during the interview, the executive director handed me a sheet of brailled notes. I was asked to read the entire paper. When I was finished, the director said, "Well, you have read everything correctly!" Unbeknownst to me, the director was following along with her printed sheet while I read the brailled paper. The incredible news is that I have not read anything in braille in the last four years! It was definitely the Lord that gave me the ability to immediately recall braille and sign language during that interview. I hope I do get this job, but if not, I can still marvel at how God worked in my life yesterday. He "wowed" me! Now, it's time to go praise Him with my harp.