Saturday, August 2, 2008

Celebrating "Josiah"

Mom and I attended a baby shower for a couple in our church who's expecting a little boy, affectionately named Josiah. The baby shower was in Lizi's beautiful, Georgian styled home. Whenever I'm in Lizi's home, I feel like I've been transported to an elegant art museum. I love to "stare" at Lizi's paintings and decor.

Of course, the food was tastefully displayed and absolutely delicious. Last week at church, Lizi told Mom and me to come hungry. Today, I saw why she said that! Below are some pictures of the baby shower.

Here is Lizi, wearing a pretty green dress. I feel bad I didn't get a better picture of her:

Lizi's beautiful Living Room:

The decorated food table:

Congratulations to Rebekah, the expectant mother:

One of the games we played was to guess the current size of Rebekah's belly using ribbon. Pictured below is Jess and Mom holding up her guess:

The gift table:

This gift was very clever! It's a wreath made out of diapers:

Rebekah and her husband, Dan, have decorated the nursery in a nautical theme. So one of the women in our church quilted this for Josiah's new room. The bright colors are perfect for a baby's visual development and imagination: