Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday's Writings

My health is staying stable at the moment. I've gotten the bacteria overgrowth under control again, although I'm learning that it's something I must constantly monitor. This afternoon, I exclaimed to Mom, "It's the day before Remicade and my ears don't even hurt!" Tonight at dinner, Dad said how wonderful it was that I could join the family at the table. Of course, I notice the signs that my Remicade treatment is needed, but they're small symptoms that I can tolerate pretty well. I do have some skin peeling and GI issues, but not as much inflammation as usual.

Before this week, I had actually started to get lazy with my meal habits. I was consuming too much food at one sitting. This week's smaller eating proportions and spreading the meals throughout the day is actually what I should be doing all of the time. When I begin to feel well physically, then I get complacent with my meal management. I forget my pancreas sensitivity and that I don't have a gall bladder. Indulging on food is not beneficial to a person with Crohn's, much less HPS, in the long run. Better to be sensible now than sorry later. Easier to type that statement than to live it, though! (I think there's a sermon parallel to our spiritual lives with this paragraph. *grins*)

Last night, I stamped cards all evening until bedtime! My little office, Jane Austen desk, and bed make a perfect place to spread out my scrapbooking materials. I enjoy how easy clean up is, too. I looked through a previous Stampin Up catalogue for inspiration before beginning my card making. That was a lot of fun! Tonight, I reorganized my under-the-bed scrapbooking bin. It was just too cluttery for me to easily use.

Below are pictures of three of the seven cards I designed. I can't show you all of the cards even though I scanned them, because they will be mailed to website readers in the near future. I want my friends to be surprised with their cards. Hope you enjoy these pictures, though. The verse on the last card reads, "To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven" (Ecclesiates 3:1). Thank you for your continued prayers, especially as the "season" for Remicade Day neared!