Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day

Happy 4th of July, Everyone! I hope you've had a joyful day celebrating the blessings God has bestowed upon the United States of America. Please remember to pray for our military troops and their families. I'm very thankful for the sacrifices they make, so I can live in freedom. And for Jesus who paid the ultimate sacrifice, so my soul could be free. There is never freedom without the shedding of blood...

Since it's a holiday, Dad had the day off of work. That's been nice. He spent most of the day mowing, but when I woke up, I saw him outside and that made me happy. We babysat Annelise overnight. I'm amazed at how much she comprehends verbally. Annelise calls Qavah, "vah," which is so cute, and chase her around the house. They are great playmates. I also got to see Nehemiah last night. He is almost two weeks old already. I like to call him "little man".

Well, I'm about to go catch another nap. I've had a rough few days with my bones aching. I think it's actually the Boniva rebuilding bone. That's exactly what it's supposed to do. The healing process just hurts and zaps my electrolytes. I've started taking extra calcium and vitamin D to hopefully avoid muscle tetany and lessen the pain. Everyone else is attending a picnic and going to see some fireworks later this evening... if it doesn't rain. It's rather cloudy and dismal outside. Mom told me not to be too disappointed about not attending the picnic. She said, "Just think of the bug bites you won't get"! I thought that was a good suggestion.