Saturday, May 24, 2008

Outside Refreshment

The sun is about to set and I'm turning my thoughts over to tomorrow's day of worship, rest, and refreshment. In many ways, today was that kind of day for me, though. I began this morning with some adrenal issues, so I took extra Prednisone. I'm thankful Mom and Dad know what to do for my body, because within a few minutes of my "page," Mom had my body back on track. I don't have to panic as often anymore and think, "Oh no, is this going to lead to a hospital visit" like I used to fear all the time.

After a mid-morning nap, I woke up this afternoon to a pleasant and big surprise. Paul Burton, Dad, and Mom had laboriously cleaned off the top front porch. The siding had been power washed; All of the bugs and cob webs were gone. Not only that, Mom had repainted the porch swings. Dad had sprayed off the bed we made for Eunice to use several years ago when she stayed with us the last month of her life. The netting over the bed was re-hung for the summer months. Paul Burton had made two flower arrangements and one was on the nightstand beside the bed. Two wicker porch chairs were placed near my bed, so guests would be comfortable while they visited with me. The entire porch felt like an article right out of Southern Living magazine! I spent the remainder of the afternoon and early evening outside resting and enjoying God's creation. I told Mom that imagining five more weeks of bed rest were now tolerable, because of my outside bedroom. Below are a few pictures for your enjoyment. The first two pictures are of the front porch and the last picture is the view I enjoyed all afternoon from my outside bed.