Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Misc. Ramblings

I wanted to change my website look and feel to reflect summertime. So, I looked online tonight and found several backgrounds that were pretty. Even though my family aren't really "beach" people in the true sense of the word, we still enjoy collecting seashells. Actually, there is a beach near St. Petersburg, Florida, that I really enjoyed the last time we went on a family vacation. It had a quiet atmosphere and when we were there in late December of 2005, we had the entire beach practically to ourselves. The sand was like white, fluffy flour and the water was warm. There were also some picnic tables and trees that provided shade from the sun. Someday, I'd like to go back to that beach.

In health news, my rib continues to heal. I actually found a background tonight that was of human ribs and I seriously considered using it! I'm thankful Paul Burton insisted on wrapping the rib, because that has helped a lot. I didn't have as much pain today as before, although it still is quite intense. I'm just thankful yesterday's sneeze didn't cause permanent damage. Today was a bad day for allergies, though. Mom went to Wal-Mart this afternoon and discovered a new over-the-counter allergy medication called Zyrtec-D. It's a twelve hour pill that successfully removed most of my allergy symptoms. I've only developed allergies in the last two years; I now have a new appreciation for those who deal with it all of their lives in all seasons of weather.

I received my Mary Baldwin College diploma today. Paul Burton actually had to sign for it. I was thankful the Lord gave me that surprise, as I needed a pick-me-up by dinnertime. Forget the degree, I'm just happy my full name was spelled correctly - even with the appropriate dash between my two middle names. That's a big deal to me! It's a rather large document, so now I have to find a pretty frame for it. I plan to hang the diploma in my office.