Thursday, May 15, 2008

Annelise's Visit

It's been a busy week. Today, I am feeling really good, which is amazing. Even my Methotrexate days went well this week. I was thinking this afternoon that I've actually had four "good" days in a row. What a blessing! I have to constantly monitor my body, the medications, my pain levels, etc. And sometimes, that's inconvenient, but it still pales in comparison to being curled up in bed -- or worse -- the hospital. I am beginning to make memories with my family that do not relate to Hermanksy-Pudlak Syndrome. Praise the Lord!

Yesterday, we had the "rare" treat of babysitting Annelise overnight. It's hard to believe she's almost eighteen months old. Sadly, I was so sick when Annelise was an infant that I don't remember much of her "early days". For that reason, it's now especially fun to watch her growing into a little girl with her own personality and preferences. She's talking a lot, too.

Annelise ate her dinner and dessert without any complaining. In fact, after eating the first bite of ice cream for dessert, she clearly said, "ooh cold"! We all looked at her and smiled. Even though I've studied human development, I was amazed to watch how Annelise's brain made the necessary connections to relate the cold sensation with the ice cream.

Qavah and Annelise are more playmates than aunt and niece, so it's a blast to watch them interact together. After dinner, we spent 1 1/2 hours outside. Dad got the wheelbarrow out, so he could take Qavah and Annelise for a ride. The girls both giggled with delight. Annelise ran all over the place and kept us very busy, so not only was she exhausted by the time we got back inside, but we were as well! Below are a few pictures of Annelise's visit.