Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wild Weekend!

It has been an enjoyable weekend thus far. I just finished scrapbooking a 4x6 album of previous tea parties. I had printed the pictures back in January, but due to college and other responsibilities, I didn't get to work on this project until tonight. While looking through all of the pictures, I was reminded of how blessed I am with family and friends. Most of the tea parties were held after I was diagnosed with HPS, so I praised the Lord for the fun adventures I've had despite the daily hardships of living with a chronic illness.

Last night, I got to see a Christian comedian named Tim Hawkins perform at a local church. I went with some friends and a few family members. We laughed for almost two hours straight! It was so good to laugh that much. The Bible says, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22). I came home refreshed from the good medicine of laughter. Below is a funny, but surprisingly true-to-life video Tim Hawkins did called A Homeschool Family: