Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Health and Dance

Quick health update: Yesterday afternoon, I had my second dose of IV antibiotics (Rocephin). I used a new home health care company, so when I talked with the pharmacist over the phone, I explained my sensitivity to saline. The pharmacist didn't appear extremely surprised and instead said, "Oh, no problem! I can mix the Rocephin with sterile water and give you D5W flushes instead". Then, I was further surprised when the nurse arrived at my house. She said that administering the Rocephin would only take ten minutes. The last time I had Rocephin intravenously, it took an hour, because a bag of saline fluid was given at the same time as the antibiotic. The Rocephin burns my veins, and I was dehydrated today, so it was a bit traumatic receiving the antibiotic this afternoon. Still, I know the Rocephin is helping to get my body back on track. I'm hoping that some pain now creates a lot of gain later.

This morning, I had an appointment with my GI doctor. He believes I have an overgrowth of bacteria throughout my entire body. Thus, I'm on a "cleanse" diet, consisting of only fluids, for the next few days. I'm supposed to call him on Monday to let him know how I feel. I also have a follow-up appointment with the hematologist on Monday.

Pictures: Now that the health update is written, here is something to enjoy. Back in March, my parents and Qavah attended a birthday party that took place in an old barn. There was hot chili and dancing. Below are some pictures of Mom and Qavah having fun: