Monday, March 31, 2008

Prayer Requests

I'm doing better today, although still a bit tired. I realized I didn't answer Jess's comment regarding prayer requests. Please pray concerning a job. The truth is I do have a few bills each month I need to pay, so I'm going to begin looking for and/or applying for a job. I know the Lord has more for me to do and I trust He will lead me to the right position in His timing. I'd like to work part time, so I don't overdo it. I'd also like to have my job related to child advocacy and/or families. If you hear of anything, please let me know! :-)

Another prayer request concerns a health issue. About three and a half weeks ago, I cut myself with my electric shaver. Since I can't see well, I didn't know what was happening until after the fact. Both legs were skinned up pretty badly. One leg is healing up pretty well. However, the other leg,which contains the majority of the cuts, is not healing. I've been to my PCP and hematologist regarding the matter. I now have a call into a local wound care doctor. Because of my disorder, my cells and platelets don't know how to heal correctly. In addition, the cuts have gotten infected and are quite sore. I've used liquid band aid called New Skin and a topical antibiotic ointment with little improvement.

I appreciate you continuing to keep my family and me in your prayers. Please know that even though I'm not in the hospital, I still have lots of time in which to pray for others. So, please share your requests in the form of a comment or email me privately. Together, we can lift each other up before Jesus Christ, who intercedes on our behalf to our Heavenly Father.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." ~Romans 12:10-12