Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Week

It's Sunday night and I'm already looking at my planner for the week ahead. The biggest thing I hope to accomplish is the Bibliography (and then some) on my senior research paper. Fortunately, I only have one doctor appointment, so I plan to spend the majority of the week in my bedroom office where it's warm and cozy.

Today, was a neat Sabbath day. I was able to attend Church this morning, which I really needed. I so miss going. The sermon was on 2 Corinthians 5:1-5 and titled, "Confident Longing for a Heavenly Dwelling". I found the sermon to be bittersweet, as I so often feel the "tug" between the life God has for me here and the hope of my eternal home in Heaven.

After a quick nap this afternoon, our family went to Colin's home for a family night and celebration of his birthday (we weren't able to get together last week due to my Ativan taper). When we got there, Colin had a couple from their church visiting, so we played a word game together that I've never played before. I got second place, losing by only four points, which of course is not my preference. (I rather win or lose by a lot.) Paul Burton plucked his guitar in between his turns and it was good to hear him play again. Colin turned thirty on January twelve, so Jenn put the candles in the shape of 3-0. Colin blew out all of the candles at once! Below are some pictures:





1 comment:

  1. I had a feeling I had Colin's birthday wrong on my records (I had it as Jan. 3). So, now I have corrected my records. I have records of all your family's birth dates (except that I don't have the year for your mom). Years ago, I used to try to send everyone (at least, nieces & nephews) a little gift. They weren't much, but now I can't even do that - there are 'way too many. I remember sending a comb to the 3 Campbell brothers and a handkerchief each to the twins. I think also the Wolfe brothers each got a comb. Those were the only nephews & nieces then! And I just can't keep track of all the birthdays any more, either.
    Aunt Doris

    ReplyDelete