Saturday, September 8, 2007

Visiting Grandparents

Yesterday, my family visited my grandparents in Fishersville. I wanted to attend, but as soon I woke up in the morning, I knew that wasn’t going to be possible. It was an HPS flare-up day and thus I spent most of yesterday in bed. I still find it discouraging and disappointing to alter my plans, especially when they involve family visits. However, our friend Linda stayed with me until everyone got home, so that made me feel better. Below are a few pictures Mom took of yesterday’s visit.

Aunt Jackie and cousin Laura:

visit-to-gparents-004-800x600.JPG

Mom and Qavah:

visit-to-gparents-005-800x600.JPG

Qavah opening a gift:

visit-to-gparents-007-800x600.JPG

New books to read with Daddy!

visit-to-gparents-009-800x600.JPG

Playing with Grandmom’s cat:

visit-to-gparents-016-800x600.JPG

Qavah with Granddaddy looking on:

visit-to-gparents-018-800x600.JPG

Comments:
  1. Aunt Lil Says:

    I think Grandaddy is just reading a book, as always!! Thanks for sharing these, Katy, and so very sorry you didn’t get to go along. I can imagine your disappointment, and how I pray that Jesus will guide the doctors to know what they should do. I can’t imagine what it is like to go back to these symptoms over and over, I know that you feel Jesus’ presence with you, and know you just keep on clinging to Him, our refuge and fortress, our God, in Whom we trust. Love, Aunt Lil

  2. Jenice Pearl Says:

    Katy,
    What a blessing it was to visit with you today after worship! I was twice blessed in meeting Qavah there. She sparkles that one! May you continue to feel well. I look forward to seeing you Thursday night.
    Jenice

  3. Jess Says:

    I love the new pictures! They are so fun! Thanks for sharing them. I’m sorry that you didn’t get to go on the outing - I’m amazed by your resiliency. I know it must get discuraging for you to alter your plans but like your mom has posted before - the Lord really has given you a joyful spirit! I enjoyed visiting with you for a few minutes this evening and I look forward to more Sundays when we can chat! Noah was so cute when we got home - he wanted to tell Daddy everything that went on! I’m sure Qavah was the same way!
    Love ya!
    Jess