Sunday, May 8, 2011

Poems For My Mother

A MOTHER

A mother's hands are gentle,
as she wipes away our tears; 
a mother's arms bring comfort
as she helps us face our fears. 
a mother's heart is loving -
a true reflection of the
peace found in our Savior
and His everlasting love.

A MOTHER'S LOVE

Mother of mine, light of my soul, 
ever inspiring me to higher goal -
You who are so dear to me, 
when I look at you, what do I see?

I see a woman, yes, but more, by far, 
sunshine and moonlight and a star.
I see human feelings: joy, pain and fear, 
a gentle smile and a hidden tear.

I see strength, too and the courage to be meek; 
a helping hand to those who are weak;
a kindly word a spring shower, 
the song of a bird and a dewy flower.

I see a soul shining there
that can only be true and fair;
The soft music of a dear old hymn, 
a heart full of love blessed by Him.

I see sacrifices made for me,
and dreams imprisoned that mine might be free;
A mother whose motto o'er life's stormy sea is 
"Jesus, Savior, pilot me."
-Robert Church

1 comment:

  1. Kathryn, I love the poems you found and hope other mothers reading these will be inspired too. Thank you for the encouragement and love you give me!

    ReplyDelete