Sunday, November 22, 2009

Welcome To A New Week!

Health Check: I don't feel very good tonight. For most of the weekend, I've had trouble with pain, digestion, and other Crohn's symptoms. About a month ago, I rescheduled my treatment to November 25, because of a meeting at work and thinking that Mom would be in Ohio. However, it's now apparent that Mom is home and the sooner I can have a Remicade infusion the better. The good news is that I can still be "up and around." I do plan to call the Infusion Center first thing tomorrow morning to see if I can reschedule my appointment for sometime on Monday or Tuesday.

Other News: I received a joyous surprise early last week. On Tuesday night, I received the much anticipated book Going Rogue by Sarah Palin. The day it arrived in the mail, I had received a coupon from Barnes and Noble via email. So, on that same Tuesday morning as Mom drove me to work, I excitedly told her, "I have a coupon that's good for 40% off the Sarah Palin book, so maybe we can go shopping after work." Later that evening just before dinner, Dad picked up the mail and the book was on top of the stack. Mom and Dad had pre-ordered it from Amazon at a better price than if I had used my B&N coupon! All week, I've read a bit here and there as time allowed. The text is small, so I'm only on chapter 9, but it's definitely a wonderful read. I especially appreciate how Sarah Palin describes her faith and Conservative, family values. And on that note, I'm going to curl up beneath my warm covers and read until my eyelids grow heavy....