Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Post... Finally!

Just a short post at that, though. It is late and I'm exhausted. I worked and then came home and cleaned. It's been a full day. Our next "batch" of company arrives tomorrow and that should be fun. So, I'll be tied up until Saturday afternoon.

I was very happy to have gotten a chance to straighten my room tonight. As I made my bed with clean sheets, I was smiling from ear to ear. I guess I was too proud of myself, though! I just finished putting on the top quilt, stood back, and then realized that I put the fitted sheet on completely inside out. Normally, my "Prednisone mannerisms" would want everything to be completely correct, but I'm (fortunately?) too tired to re-do the work. Besides, I'm about to get go to bed anyways. *grin*

Several of my friends have asked, so I will tell you. "Baby Eva" (as Annelise calls her) is adorable, as expected. Even though she weighed 9lbs. 7oz. at birth, she seems so petite to me. Yes, she does have darker skin and hair than the other children. There's only one picture of her and me together at present and it's not a very good photo, but I did post it below. It was taken on Sunday. I did get to hold her for a short while yesterday and that was such a treat. I love the softness and smell of newborn baby skin!