Friday, April 24, 2009

Fabulous Friday

Today's Remicade treatment very went well. The nurse had my bag of medicine ready very shortly after I arrived, so I did not have to wait for the pharmacists to deliver it. That meant, I did not have a large and unnecessary dose of saline pumping into my body. Usually by the time the Remicade infusion is finished, I have a pounding headache. That was not the case this time. I'm very grateful to the Lord for every attentive nurse and medical appointment that occurs without a glitch.

I have enjoyed the past few days, too. Helen's visit was definitely the highlight of this week. Even though I was not able to spend a lot of time with her due to my work schedule, we did make some memories with the few hours we had together. Helen brought some gift cards to our home that, upon being used, benefited her grandchild's school. That was all of the incentive to go shopping that we needed! So, Tuesday night Mom, Helen, and I had a successful shopping trip to Payless Shoes. Then we came home and watched a Beth Moore video. Wednesday night, Mom and I took Helen with us to Bible study. Then, we came home and had a "girls' bedtime tea party" with a candle, coffee, and leftover Birthday cake (thank you for sharing, Paul Burton!). That night, we went to bed both spiritually and physically fed.

Another blessing of this week was observing the outside beauty of God's creation . Until now, the flowers have been timid to bloom because of the cold temperatures. The songbirds, too, have waited to burst into their melodious tunes. This week, all of that changed. The varying colors displayed on the tree foliage and flower petals remind me of an artisans paint tray. And the birds are so cheerful! They are beckoning God's creation to praise Him, which is what I find myself doing a lot these days. Below is snapshot I took this afternoon: