Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tranquil Tuesday

Thank you for the prayers! After taking one pain pill at bedtime, I slept deeply until this morning. As a result, I've been feeling better all day. Even though we only got freezing rain (at best), the local school systems and community college canceled classes. Once I found out at 7:00am that I wasn't needed at work, I went back to bed for another hour. Then, I spent the morning straightening the house, doing laundry, and catching up on my to-do list while Mom took Qavah to the hospital for her blood transfusion. They were finished by early afternoon, so we had a delicious lunch together. It's been absolutely splendid to have this bonus day at home!

Yesterday, I got a call from the nurse practitioner (who monitored my Boniva treatments) with the results of the bone density test. It was not good news. The extra vitamin D, calcium, and Boniva infusions I took from September 2007 to December 2008 slowed down the osteoporosis only in my right hip. My neck and legs have gone from having osteopenia to osteoporosis. An alternative treatment to the Boniva infusions is to increase my daily dose of estrogen (Premarin). However, the nurse practitioner prefers that my primary care physician take over this part of my health care. Therefore, I have scheduled an appointment with him for early March.

Lord willing and weather permitting, the rest of the week will be busy, so if I don't have time to post again until the weekend, you'll know why. Tonight, we babysit Annelise and Nehemiah. Thursday, we have friends staying here for an overnight visit. Friday, I have my Remicade transfusion and harp lesson.