Sunday, November 30, 2008

Focused Celebration

Tonight, I attended a Lessons and Carols concert at a local church. I am wanting to spend this Christmas season intentionally, with my mind focused on the promises and eternity of Heaven, while still blessing those the Lord has placed in my life right now... many of whom are suffering this December. I want to share with them the encouraging and lasting hope and redemption found only in the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

For now, as I begin another week, I am praising God that there is indeed Good News that can give strength to the bones and heal the hearts of the hurting.

Isaiah 61:1-3 (ESV):

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he may be glorified."