Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday Evening

It has been another busy but wonderful day! I can't believe tomorrow is my last work day for this week and that Fernando and Rosa will be leaving on Friday morning. I have not gotten to visit with them as much as I would've liked. However, I have enjoyed their cooking! The meals have been delicious and it's been nice to know exactly what I could pack for lunch each day.

My intake this morning went well. I worked with a man who was ninety-six years old and completely paralyzed on one side of his body. During the course of the client intake, I was reminded again of how very blessed I am. The gentleman's wife left him the day he had the stroke that paralyzed him. The wife told her husband, "I don't want to take care of you if you're going to be all sick like this". How very sad; my heart went out to him. I'm realizing everyday in a new way how much others need the Lord just as much I do. Everyone suffers. Everyone needs the Savior.

Tonight, as I was conveying the events of my day to Mom, she asked, "You really do love y our job don't you?" I replied, 'Yes, I really do. It's still a job with stresses of its own, but I'm loving it! The Lord has prepared me so well for this job." Thank you to everyone out those reading this for your prayers. Your prayers and support helped me to hang on during the really awful valleys until these better mountain-top days finally arrived!