Monday, June 30, 2008

Health Update

I have noticed that when I do not feel well physically, I'm not as willing to write "for fun". Tonight is one of those times, so I'm taking a break from writing about Arizona to give a brief medical update. I'm still having adrenal insufficiency issues related to...well...I'm not exactly sure why. I called the endocrinologist's office today in hopes of getting an appointment. My endocrinologist is out on vacation this week, but the nurse said she would try to get me an appointment with one of the other doctors. It took all day to get the nurse my most recent lab work showing the low sodium and so, by 4:30 when the office closes, no appointment had been made. I'm hoping and praying I get a call back from the nurse in the morning.

In other news, I'm still on the job hunt. I've put my application in several places and am just waiting to hear back from someone. In the meantime, I know the Lord has other lessons for me to learn that will benefit future co-workers. I'm also having to trust the Lord with His timing in regard to my life. I was watching Qavah play this afternoon and, once again, her name's meaning came to mind: hope and patience. Just when I think I've learned that lesson, or think I've had to be patient long enough, the Lord brings a new trial to grow me again!

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." -Psalm 27:14