Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Walk for Life

I'm planning to participate in the Walk for Life to benefit the Blue Ridge Women's Center. The Walk for Life will take place on May 31, however, I will be doing my walk near that date in a neighborhood near my home. The Walk for Life is two miles. I'm trusting the Lord to give me the strength to participate, but if I cannot walk, then I will use my wheelchair. I'm hoping that you will consider being one of my sponsors.

Your support can make a tremendous difference for the women and babies of our community. Since the Blue Ridge Women's Center first opened in 1984, this nonprofit organization has served more than twelve thousand women facing unplanned pregnancy - all completely free of charge. Through Christian medical clinics in Roanoke and Rocky Mount, Blue Ridge Women's Center provides life affirming services including:
  • Pregnancy testing and verification
  • Pregnancy dating via ultrasound
  • Pregnancy counseling
  • Parenting and life skills classes
  • Maternity clothes and baby items
To sponsor me, simply leave a comment or email me. I will get in touch with you directly with more information about sponsorship. The amount you indicate (once I contact you) will be your total gift, not a pledge per mile, and your donation will be fully tax-deductible.