Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Writing Mania and Health Update

Just a quick post tonight. I have an idea for another in-depth post, but it will have to wait. I had a hard time feeling well this afternoon, so I haven't gotten much done on my thesis today. I took a Dilaudid after supper and now I'm feeling a bit better, so I want to work on the paper some more. I have a lot to write tonight if I want to accomplish my "at least five pages a day" goal. I submitted chapter two to my instructor, but I have not heard back from her yet.

While resting my back in bed, I planned in my mind how I wanted to proceed with my thesis and what revisions I needed to do. A friend told me yesterday "you will revise your thesis a dozen times before it's completely finished". I'm finding out how correct she was with that statement. Every time I read the paper, I find something else I want to rewrite.

I did look at the college calendar today and realized that next week is Spring break, so I have another reason to do as much writing as I can this week. Next week, my instructor will be basically "unavailable" for assistance. I personally think it's too early for Spring break. Virginia is supposed to get mountain snow showers tonight and have gusty winds. Next week is only the first week of March. We've had some of our biggest snow storms in March! It's not time for Spring break!

Tomorrow afternoon, I have a doctor's appointment with the hematologist. He always gets labs done, so I know I'm in for a "stick" as Qavah calls it. We are supposed to discuss the start of Boniva- a drug taken intravenously to help rebuild bone loss. It will hopefully help the hairline fractures I have in my back due to the prolonged Prednisone use. I'll probably be able to take the drug the same day as my Remicade infusions. I'll of course know more after tomorrow's appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Kathryn, I hope you are already tucked up in bed and pray that you will have one of those really GOOD nights and sleep all through! I'm SO PROUD of how you labor on to get your degree, setting short term goals and at least mostly keeping up! Few of us always meet them! But I know you will go on and on till that "perfect day", when you will finally get your diploma... and your HARP! What a wonderful idea! May the Lord give you great blessing as you learn to play, making music to Him. By the way, have you seen any harps in heaven? That's the only instrument, besides the trumpet, that the Bible says that heaven has...but I bet there are a lot more. There, even I should be able to play well - one of the heavenly dreams I cherish.

    I've just reached a big milestone of my own. Yesterday was my birthday and I completed my 70th year! I think I'm in great shape - great health, that is! for my age, and really praise God that I have energy and anticipation as I look forward to walking with Him for the rest of my years. And then HEAVEN! I expect to be there waiting for you when you go back to stay...but I'm expecting to have you as my Florida guest many times before then! I am so looking forward to see what kind of house God has planned for us there! So when these March storms come, just think: "Next year in Florida, with Aunt Lil and Uncle Tony!"

    Love n prayers, Aunt Lil

    ReplyDelete