Thursday, February 28, 2008

Computer Issues

My internet has been down for most of the morning. That's why I couldn't fix anything on my website until now. I also had some additional research I needed to do for my thesis but I couldn't access any sites. It's been most frustrating.

I figured out why you couldn't see any of the comments on this website, even though I used the same system for the Campbell Family Journal. The reason was because of my background being black. It made the text either gray or black on black. I apologize. I've implemented a new system for my site.

Yesterday's appointment with the hematologist went very well. My labs, especially the white blood count (WBC), was the best it has ever been in two years! Everything else was almost or in the normal range, which is surprising because "my normal" is usually different than the average standard. The actual office visit went well, too. I will start the Boniva drug at my next Remicade infusion on March 27. If I don't have any side effects, than I'll continue taking the Boniva at every other Remicade infusion, so every twelve weeks. My hematologist also put an order in for me to have labs done by the infusion center, so I won't have to be stuck twice on Remicade days. Yeah! My next hematology appointment is not until April.

It's amazing how different my health care is with a team of doctors who truly listen and pay attention. At yesterday's appointment, my hematologist not only listened to me, but also checked my entire body (ears, mouth, abdomen, etc). I was impressed at how he paid attention to the "whole person". He also asked about school, so I of course told him about my harp! That is the most exciting news I have to share recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment