Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Preparations

I’ve been trying to keep busy with Christmas preparations. I have many gifts to wrap, photos to go through, and some other details to finish before December 24. As I wrap each gift, I have fun imagining the recipient opening the gift. What is significant to me, even more than the gift itself, is that I hope my family member or friend knows how much I love them. I hope the specifically-geared gift will let them know that I was thinking of them personally when shopping for or wrapping their gift.

These Christmas preparations, in a small way, are keeping my mind active and helping me to “forget” about the intense physical pain I’m experiencing right now. It’s also reminding me that life is not all about me; There are many people in this world that need encouragement and love. Below is today’s verse from the Turning Point (Dr. David Jeremiah) devotional. I needed its reminder, so may it be a blessing to you as well:

“For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory.” -2 Corinthians 4:17

Comments:
  1. Lillian Oliveira Says:

    Katy, I missed this until now, Monday. I’m so glad you CAN distract your minds at time. That is one of my favorite verses. Love, Aunt Lil

  2. jes Says:

    Hey Katy-
    I’m so proud of you. I know you are in pain and it must be so hard - but you just keep going and serving. It really is such a great example for me! Thank you for the practical ways you show us how to live by faith!

    Love you sister Katy!
    Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment