Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday

I’m sorry I have not updated in awhile. It’s been a crazy week! I don’t feel that good health-wise tonight. I’m thankful Monday is Remicade Day. The Lord has been gracious in that He’s protecting my body this week. I’ve been able to keep going, but with each passing day, the effort is greater and harder.

Can I say I really dislike lice? I’ve never been a fan of bugs, even though I enjoyed Science class growing up. Now, I have one more creature to add to my “hope I never see again” list.

I switched my clothes from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter today. I kept a few favorite summer outfits out, because I’m sure we’ll still have warm days. I prefer warm weather, so I am always a bit disappointed when I get out the sweaters, turtle necks, and heavy skirts. The clothing switch is much more fun in the Spring!

I’ve added two new pictures of Qavah on the Photos page. I was going to make this post a Wordless Wednesday and display the pictures here, but I decided to write an update instead. In the first picture, the dress Qavah is wearing is just precious! It has little girls and puppy dogs on it. When I first saw it, I thought of Beatrix Potter. Then, I thought of the song, “These Are A Few of My Favorite Things”.

Comments:
  1. Jess Says:

    I think anything with more than 4 legs gets put on the ‘hope I never see again’ list….I’m sooo not a fan of creepy crawlers! I think her new hairdo is really fun - not many can pull it off…she does the ‘Demi Moore look’ well! :)

    Love ya!
    Jes

  2. Aunt Lil Says:

    Katy dear, I’m back - from travels and guests - checked in to read while in Idaho, but this is the first I’ve seen the LICE stories! OH MY GOODNESS! I hope they are behind for good. We never had lice that I remember of, but I do remember having bed bugs, contracted from some one at school, likely. Your Aunt Doris would remember. She remembers everything! A phenomenal mind. Anyway, we had to burn an 8 hour candle in the house and close it up and stay away all day. Its the only time I remember our whole family taking an all-day off vacation on the farm! Mama packed a lot of food and we all carried something I’m sure. We trekked up through the little woods on “Thompson’s Hill” to the east of our house, and near the top where the woods run out, we camped out and played and picnic’d the whole day! There was a big patch of low growing, soft curly “wire-grass” as a playground and a big patch of teaberry plants - they get little red berries and the young leaves are delicious, too. They are what is used for “wintergreen” flavoring in tooth-paste and pink candy lozenges that Daddy loved. There was a little spring coming out of the side of the hill just below the wiry grass, and a few large maples and lots of young trees for shade. I may have been about 10 years old. That precious day in my memories was the great good out of our bed bug episode! (A little aside about Uncle Tony: He wasn’t familiar with teaberry plants, and I found one at a nursery and brought it home and planted it for old-times’ sake. It finally grew some berries, and I picked one and gave it to him to eat. He chewed a couple of times and the spit it out!! saying “It tastes like toothpaste!” I laughed a lot and said “No, toothpaste tastes like teaberries!”) That’s why I love Pepsodent original, it’s teaberry flavor :-) Hope this little story gives a lift to these difficult just-before-Remicaide-days. Love much, Aunt Lil

  3. Heather Kirkwood Says:

    Hey Katy, glad you’re hanging in there. I got your e-mail - just haven’t had the energy to respond to an ever growing pile of e-mails. But I will respond. Hopefully tonight I can update the blog and explain some of what’s been going on this week. I’m a little loopy though……just really tired.

  4. Doris Harriff Says:

    About the bedbugs Lily mentioned - we got them in the mattress of a bed we bought at an auction. I remember burning the mattress, and the formaldehyde candle! Daddy didn’t go on the picnic, he was working in the fields all day, and took his lunch with him.
    Aunt Doris