Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

It’s been a pleasant day around here. I’m enjoying having Dad home today, even though he’s busy working on projects. It’s just good to have him nearby. I’ve gotten some emails written this morning and this afternoon, a friend is visiting for some Bible studying, movie watching, and fun! I’m learning how to be content on “bed rest” and it’s not all that bad. Sometimes I get a little stir-crazy, but usually a change of scenery is all I need.

Several friends have emailed me recently, asking if there are any new developments with Qavah’s adoption. Right now, we are waiting for Louisiana to finish it’s paperwork with Richmond, Virginia. The Louisiana social worker finished up her paperwork a week ago and sent it on to her state capitol, but she told us Louisiana has been slow with finalizing adoptions. We are praying we get the “travel announcement” soon, because all of us want to travel while I feel well. Mom has been communicating with Qavah’s foster mother, so I am learning more about my little sister and it’s very exciting! We’ve also received some pictures via email and postal mail. Below is a picture of Qavah, taken at her school in mid-February of this year.

clipboard01.jpg

Comments:
  1. Aunt Lil Says:

    Katy, so glad you’ve been having a great 4th being INDEPENDENT of so much that held you back. Also so glad that you have a little sister close on the horizon to brighten future prospects for you. I can hardly wait to see you together- by picture at least! May the Lord hasten the day until His perfect time for her to come HOME.

    Much love, Aunt Lil

  2. Jennifer Blugerman Says:

    As Christ was carrying the cross to Calvary, bloody, beaten, weak and in pain, I wonder if He found strength in the knowledge that He was preparing a place for his brothers and sisters! Qavah is a blessed little girl to have a sister like you anxiously preparing a place for her even in the midst of much pain and trial. Happy Independence Day, Katy! We’re so glad you’re home!

    -Jennifer

  3. Julie Says:

    That little face is adorable! I can’t wait to squeeze her!

  4. Sarah Says:

    Oh I’m so excited for you and your family! What joy it will be for you to have a little sister!! You are going to have so much fun!! I hope and pray the paperwork is done quickly and little Qavah is home soon.

  5. Laura Griffith Says:

    Lorien is liking the picture and wants to come play right now….we will learn patience :)

  6. kendall Pelish Says:

    Hey man, I missed being on your front porch watching PBJ set off the works this fourth.

  7. kendall Pelish Says:

    or is that a new years tradition? its been a while