Sunday, April 8, 2007

Treasures in Heaven

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matthew 6:18-21)

I want to tell you of one of the treasures of Heaven. It has been mentioned before in previous posts that the music of Heaven has taken my soul captive. Jesus has allowed me to hear and see a Heavenly choir of children singing praises to the King of Kings. Just before Christmas, when Jesus carried me to Heaven, I heard the children singing Once In Royal David’s City. It is hard to describe the perfect harmony of millions and millions of children raising their voices to their Heavenly Father. I have wanted to use words to describe the beauty, but the English language is not complete enough to express it.

Once while I was looking on the internet for a children’s choir hoping to find a way to show my friends and family what I experienced in Heaven, I happened upon a website that does come close to the treasure Jesus showed me. I want this to be a gift to the parents of those children who have joined that Heavenly choir. Imagine if you will, the faces of millions of children standing strong and singing with great joy. They are free from all pain, all suffering, and all destruction. They are in perfect peace and their voices are steady, strong, and sure. Their praise is pure. Jesus takes great delight in their singing.

To see and hear the music I mentioned above, click on the link below:

Immanuel- Songs of Praise 7th January 2007

Comments:

  1. Donna Wilson Says:

    Thanks for sharing Katy. The children’s music is beautiful and brought tears. I can envision Skylar in the heavenly choir singing. Love ya, ~Donna~

  2. Doris Harriff Says:

    I have a child in heaven. I miscarried at 2 months. I always think of the child as “she,” although I had no idea of the sex. If she had survived she would be about 38 now. But do children grow up in heaven? Surely infants don’t always remain infants, and a baby who was yet unborn would have to be different in heaven. I have my own idea that perhaps they grow much more slowly than they would on earth, and that in heaven, my little Jeanine (that was the name we had chosen) is still a child.

  3. Jennifer Blugerman Says:

    Katy, thank you beyond words for once again lifting us into the heavens with you! God is using your experience to give hope and strength to many!The crown of glory God is preparing for you will be stunning indeed! It was awesome to see you worshiping at church yesterday! Emma and Matt were so excited to see you there signing the praise songs again! You are teaching them with your faithfulness, joy, and perseverance. And sharing your visions of Heaven leave them wondering and thinking beyond the here and now which children typically live in. They are learning that there is an eternal perspective that they need to consider and a home which is awaiting the faithful that is far greater than this one. I can tell them Bible stories, tell them of heaven, tell them of God’s power, but you bring it real time to them. They see that God is active and present with His people, not just the people in the Bible or people across the world, but with the very people in their midst! And therefore, with them also! Thank you!
    -Jennifer

  4. Jennifer S. :-) Says:

    Katy,
    I haven’t heard something as beautiful as that in a long time. Thank you for sharing!!! :) Truly the music in heaven will be wondrous. :)
    Love and prayers,
    Jen :-)

  5. Aunt Lil Says:

    Katy, truly the music seems out of heaven. So often these writings of yours inspire us to tears. We thank God so much for these glimpses of heaven. Though we believe in it wholly, you do bring it so near, with things we didn’t know before. What a comfort to those who have lost children, for ALL children are with Him! Millions and millions!

    I’ve just now opened my computer for the first time since Saturday and read this. Much Love, Aunt Lil

  6. Karen Tillman Says:

    Katy,
    I am so glad to see that you are up and about and posting once again. It makes my heart sing!!! I know it has been a long journey to get to this point, and I am so very glad for you. I really enjoyed the sound of the choir and thought your dedication was a spendid idea.
    Love always
    Karen Tillman

  7. Carrie Thompson Says:

    Hi Katy,
    Thank you for the lovely music! I listen to this music multiple times a day. It’s truly beautiful! :-)

    Love,
    ~Carrie

  8. Julie Says:

    I’ve been singing this song all week! It gives me the chills when I see the video. Can you imagine how it would have been to be there and hear it live! How much more magnificent and thrilling it will be in heaven - it won’t even compare. Thank you Katy, for sharing and helping us to “hear” the heavenly music along with you.