Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Phone Call

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up .”

1 Thessalonians 5:11

I’m sure all of us have received phone calls at “just the wrong time”- usually telemarketers during dinner hour. Well, last week I received a phone call at “just the right time”. It was Monday night at 10:00 p.m. Dad, Mom, and I were in the living room talking after finishing a movie. I was on the cot, because it had been a very bad health day. I was feeling downright discouraged when the phone rang…

It was my friends- Candice and Crystal - calling from Arizona. Actually, it was their father who got on the phone first: “Hello Katy, the girls are here practicing for their upcoming concert and I told them there is a family that needs to hear the song they are about to sing”. For the next five minutes, my parents and I listened to a “live concert” via speaker phone. By the time the girls finished singing, my soul was encouraged! I no longer felt like crying. The Lord had used an “untimely” phone call to “build up” our family. The lyrics to the song are copied below:

I Will Never Leave You Alone
Artist Janet Paschal

Wandering in the wilderness, stumbling in the dark.
Life put me on a road I prayed I’d never have to walk.
Helpless and uncertain, staring at a wall.
I wondered where the Lord was in it all.

But God Said I love you forever.
I will never leave you alone.
Days when you feel your heart can’t take it.
I will be the one to make you strong.
I’ll be there to help you carry on.
I will never leave you alone.

Picking up the pieces of dreams that had to die.
Trying hard to understand, and not to question, ‘Why?’
It took a while to realize, what now I clearly see.
That holding on to HIM meant letting go of me.

Oh, God Said I love you forever.
I will never leave you alone.
Days when you feel your heart can’t take it.
I will be the one to make you strong.
I’ll be there to help you carry on.
I will never leave you alone.

Comments:
  1. Aleah Yunger Says:

    Katy, I read these verses earlier today and you were the first thing to pop into my mind:

    Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer’s; he makes me tread on my high places.
    -Habakkuk 3:17-19

    You have been such a witness to me of someone who, no matter what, takes joy in God and holds the Lord as your strength! I tell whoever I can about you and they are always encouraged to hear your story :) you have countless heart praying for you tonight, dear. Sleep sweet! Love, Aleah

  2. Patricia Says:

    Wow! and a resounding AMEN!!!

  3. Sandy Says:

    What beautiful words, and I’m so glad that call came just when you needed it. God’s peace to you, my friend.

  4. Jennifer S. :-) Says:

    Katy,
    Wow, that’s so neat to see how the Lord’s timing is so perfect!!
    Love and prayers,
    Jen :-)

  5. Karen Tillman Says:

    Aren’t the twins truly angels!!! I just love to hear them sing, it is an event I look forward to every year!!!
    Love
    Karen Tillman

  6. Heather Kirkwood Says:

    What awesome lyrics!!!!