Thursday, February 1, 2007

Peace

Well, my intentions for this site are to write “deep” thoughts, reactions to events, critiques of articles and books, and just generally what is on my mind. However, when I’m on Dilaudid or as sick as I’ve been recently, I don’t really have the strength to do any “inspirational” writing or site updating. So, in the meantime, Katy’s Musings will remain a work-in-progress.

Tomorrow morning, Mom and I leave for Charlottesville. I’ll undergo more diagnostic testing Tuesday at 11am and Wednesday at 9am. I’ll also receive my two rounds of antibiotics while up there. Depending on what the tests show and what my nutrition status is, I’ll either come home Wednesday night or be admitted to the hospital. Mostly, I just want answers or treatments. In my flesh, I am weary of the flare-up cycles. I had six wonderful weeks at home. I was able to enjoy Annelise’ birth and the Holidays. However, I’d like to live life…really live life again without the nagging thought of, “When will the next flare-up occur?” However, if I “Live by the Spirit” (Galatians 5: 16-18) as I’m supposed to, I’m at peace.

My thoughts tonight are mostly that of gratitude to the Lord for the peace and friends He’s giving me. I am so humbled by yesterday’s prayer meeting. I am humbled by the many people who read Katysblog and then pray specific prayers on my behalf. I know Christ is a friend who “sticks closer than a brother,” but I’m sure thankful the Lord provides Christian brothers and sisters on Earth. It makes the journey more bearable and pleasant. So interesting that, just a year ago, I thought of myself as “lonely” and “without many friends”. The Lord not only opened my eyes to the many Christian friends I already had, but He also gave me some new ones!

I know the physical realities and flare up signs; I have hardly eaten since last Thursday. I’m trying to drink enough to stay hydrated, but can only drink sips of water at a time. My abdomen and esophagus are inflamed. However, God is granting me emotional and mental strength. After receiving today’s antibiotics, I fell into a deep sleep in Mom’s room. The sun baked my face. The atmosphere was tranquil. My soul was at rest. The Lord is carrying my family and tonight I feel His (as I have for much of the day) His sustaining presence. The Lord’s peace does indeed pass all human understanding.

Comments:
  1. Heather Kirkwood Says:

    Hey Katy!
    Just found this blog! Where have I been? Grin!

  2. Doris Harriff Says:

    Katy, this must have been written after that Sunday afternoon prayer meeting we were all invited to join. You may have noticed a post by “Marlin.” He is my son-in-law.

    Aunt Doris